Sunday, August 5, 2012

krayola

Copperbox revision 2823.

Work on a FreeType doodle that draws the outlines of glyphs in PostScript.

I've been thinking that OpenVG is a better fit for Krayola than OpenGL, but OpenVG has no support for text. This is a show stopper, but potentially FreeType is capable - after all it is used by FTGL and oglft to render text to texture maps.

For the time being, whilst I get familiar with FreeType, generating PostScript is more convenient than working with OpenVG.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.