Monday, March 19, 2012

directory-diff

Copperbox revision 2722.

Reworking of directory-metrics to diff two dir listings. Output from the Windows / DOS dir command is too noisy to diff, so this utility does a "semantic" comparison.

Note - it has some hard-coded special behaviour for my use-case - i.e. it recognizes a certain pattern of delete and new as a move. It doesn't investigate files to look for "genuine" moves as it works off-line on dir listings.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.