Sunday, December 4, 2011

jerry-osc

Copperbox revision 2662.

I've started a new library jerry-osc for packing and unpacking OSC (Open Sound Control) messages. There is already a library to do this on Hackage but it is too big for my needs. Also, I want to get a handle on the OSC protocol and writing my own library is one way to do this.

The name implies that it is jerry built.

PDSS has ground to a halt, hence commits to Copperbox halted last week. The design of PDSS had taken a wrong turn - as it grew, it was embedding Pd as a language. This is usually a bad strategy, successful generative DSLs like Pan usually embed a model that target language code can be generated from, rather than embed the target language as manipulatable syntax. After next week I'll have more time for coding, so I'll look to only generating FM synthesizers as per FMSS.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.