Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Neume

Copperbox revision 1156.

I've added a prototype of the new beam algorithm. Because note-lists are now a fairly unwieldy shape to handle tuplets (a forest - i.e. a list of trees), it is not as precise as previous versions of the algorithm - e.g. its possible to have rests ending a beam group in some cases. But I think it is good enough.

Unfortunately the new beaming uses different data types to the CExpr (context expressions) that I had previously implemented so adding beaming fully will mean changing the all the LilyPond and ABC pretty print code.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.