Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bala

Copperbox revision 84

I've changed the ABC format parser back to use Parsec rather than ReadP. Using ReadP was useful for making me think about character level parsers, but some things are difficult with ReadP (notably error reporting and getting the longest match when munch1 isn't appropriate).

While there is still quite a lot to do to this module to get it into shape, it's pleasing that swapping back to Parsec was only about 20 minutes work.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.